Longer Hair with Green Smoothies

11:33 AM ssilkydhillon 0 Comments

Hello in this Fall Season

As the weather is changing I changed my early morning habit. During breakfast hours I have been having Green Smoothies. It has not been long, actually just about two weeks. And I skipped some three four days as well. And after one more week with smoothies, something unexpected that I noticed this morning was with my hair, its length. They seemed longer. I had cut 3 inches off my hair a month back and I am not a person whose hair grow easily. My hair seem longer for about two inches. And it seems as though it has been because of these green smoothies.

Pic: Blueberry - Grape smoothie

So again all excited about it, I wanted to share it with readers searching of organic ways and holistic living ideas. The ingredients I have been putting in them include all sort of greens and even fruits. I have used spinach, parsley, bitter gourd, bottle gourd, carrots, ginger, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro. The smoothie in the pic consisted majorly of blueberries, some grapes and added water. One element that I absolutely love adding in all my smoothies is lime juice. Citrus fruits act as a good cleanse for body. I also like adding black salt in some of the smoothies. Sometimes I like to add honey especially to my lemon juice. Other than that I restrain from adding any other sort of salt or sugar to my smoothies.  With leafy greens I make sure that I put them soaked in salty (seasalt) water for atleast 10 mins before use. I find this the best and easy way to get rid of any unwanted residues that might be present.

Amongst the ones I have been making, my favourite ones are fruit smoothies. They are tasty and easy to make. Here is the recipe for a glass of blueberry grape smoothie.

Recipe - Blueberry Grape Smoothie
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup green grapes
1/2 cup water
Few drops of freshly squeezed lime juice
Honey to taste (optional)
Black salt to taste (optional)
Dash of Black pepper (optional)

Put blueberries, grapes, water and lime juice in mixer and blend well. Pour in glass and sprinkle black pepper, add black salt and/or honey and stir well. Enjoy fresh! I like to have these smoothies within half and hour of preparation and all try keeping in glass containers.

 For more chilly days I start adding dices of ginger to my smoothies.

Smoothies give a healthy start to our day. If anyone happens to try this recipe or has other good to taste and/ or nutritious smoothie recipes, please mention in the comments below I would love to try them.

With Love
Ssilky Dhillon
Let us treat our natural selves with what nature has to offer - Stay organic!
Follow my blog
Subscribe to Ssilky Dhillon on Youtube









0 comments: